Plate Freezer & Hardener
Instant crust design with a non-stick belt to eliminate belt marks and increase product yield.
Starfrost’s Contact freezer utilises highly effective plate freezing principles. The two options, Contact Hardener & Contact Freezer can harden product surfaces before the final freezing process, maintain shape and eliminate belt marks or fully freeze larger products by utilising an overhead air cooling system.
The tunnel features a thin polyethylene film conveyor belt. This passes over a plate containing refrigerated pipes and provides one of the fastest and most efficient freezing processes known.
Eliminate belt marks
The Contact Hardener is ideal for freezing the underside of raw meats and poultry, as well as wet or delicate seafood products such as fish fillets, scallops, octopus and squid. The Contact Freezer can be used for the full freezing of a wide variety of products that might be delicate or require "No belt mesh" freezing.
Both the Hardener and Freezing models can be fitted with lateral guides that raise the film edge and permit the freezing of liquids and semi-solids such as sauces and purees.
- Product surfaces quickly hardened to a depth of around 1mm
- Improves product presentation and quality
- Helps reduce product dehydration
- Increases value of soft and traditionally difficult food products
- Long operation between defrosts
- Film conveyor provides the most hygienic system possible
- Optional overhead air cooling system for total product freezing